Adair goes to Europe

For the first time ever, Adair became a world traveller. This site documents her emails back to her family throughout the course of her stay. The plan: travel extensively through Italy, France, Sweeden, Austria and then spend a few weeks taking classes at Oxford University in Great Britain. It's a good life.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Oxford, finally!

I'm in Oxford. It is the most beautiful place I have ever been. It is incredible, I never thought it would be so amazing. The campus is a good size, but I can walk everywhere.
My room has a patio!!! I'm in the Graduate side of campus and got the newer dorms, I lucked out. I have a kitchen on the other side of the hall, very convenient. I also have a mini fridge in my room and a grocery store right down the street so I can make my own lunches. My room is actually a good size and very homey. It is so nice to be able to put my clothes away and know I will have a "home base" for the next month.
Dinner was really good last night, the dining hall looks like the one from Harry Potter...it's really neat, haha. I walked around a little bit yesterday after we arrived and the town is actually pretty big. There was a lot going on: lots of shopping, restaurants, pubs, etc. I have a water lily pond right outside of my building and a big platform that I plan on laying out at. The playing fields are on the other side of the pond, that is where I plan on trying to run a bit and the guys are really excited about playing soccer.
I am soooo happy I brought that blanket, it makes me feel even more like I'm at home when I sit around my room. I lucked out and have a shower in my building, most other people only have bathtubs. I also have a small sink in my room which is nice. It was pretty hot yesterday, but a really nice day to arrive. I'll take some pictures and try sending them soon.
The last couple days in London were pretty cool. We went to see the changing of the guards, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Parliament, London Bridge (and Tower Bridge), and went to Leicester Square. It was a jam-packed day, especially because I had a final that morning. I think I did ok on my final, and I'm almost positive I'll make a B in that class. My other 2 classes begin on Monday, our books havent gotten here yet from Tech (oh darn). But I'll have class from 9:30 - 11 and then 11- 12:10 or something like that. I'll have the rest of the day to do whatever I want. Probably study a good bit.
I leave for Amsterdam on Thursday and then I'll get back to campus on Sunday. The bus stop where the buses go from Oxford to London are seriously a block away. It couldn't be more convenient. Buses run at pretty good times, so hopefully those will work out to use to get to the airports and back. The group I traveled with was really amazing, I'm glad to be here in Oxford with other people, but I am sooo happy our weekend trips will be with the people from the travel portion.
I have internet access now, so I'll be able to write more emails and start sending pictures. I'm going to try to upload my pictures to a website, so I'll let you know how that goes. Today is my only real day of summer vacation before my next set of classes, so I'm relaxing all day. I'll try emailing you about a time that maybe you could call later on, so keep checking emails from now on. :)

Love you all so much and miss you too!!!!

Love,
Adair

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home