Adair goes to Europe

For the first time ever, Adair became a world traveller. This site documents her emails back to her family throughout the course of her stay. The plan: travel extensively through Italy, France, Sweeden, Austria and then spend a few weeks taking classes at Oxford University in Great Britain. It's a good life.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Visiting Switzerland

Hey there! So I finally got back to the hotel for the first time in over a day. I ended up going bungee jumping!!!! can you believe it? Not only did I follow through and actually jump but it was the highest bungee jumping place in the WORLD. It was off of the dam in Switzerland, the one that they filmed the James Bond movie Goldeneye off of (...I know, we keep sticking with the James Bond theme) and the jump was at midnight. They do special jumps 3-4 times a year in the middle of the night and it just so happened to be during the 2 nights we were in Switzerland. So 16 of us rode the train for 3 and a half hours to the other side of Switzerland after class, took the training course, and finally jumped (with the Alps and a full moon in the background, the most incredible view ever). I didn't even scream on the way down. I'll tell you more about it later, but it was so amazing. Don't worry guys, I don't ever plan on doing it again, haha. Of the 16 people in my group that went, we all jumped, some even twice. They had a big surround system and played music the whole time. It was really awesome, they were playing the Red Hot Chili Peppers when I jumped...it was perfect. I still can't believe I did it, I mean it was 722 feet!!!!!! and I hate heights. I didn't even hesitate, I just jumped. Everyone said I had the most graceful jump of anyone. Then we slept in the train station, and caught the train back to Zurich at 5:30 in the morning and got to class earlier than everyone else. But it is now almost 5:00 p.m. and I left the hotel yesterday morning at 8:30 a.m. so I am tired, but Nick is packing so I am able to use his computer and the free internet we get, so I am taking advantage of it. Here is the website that you can check out with the information about the dam I jumped from: http://www.trekking.ch/eng/bungy/info_007.asp
Tomorrow we leave for Paris. I am already over halfway done with the travel portion of my trip, it has been going by so fast. The weather has gotten a lot better, which is really nice. The bus ride tomorrow is supposed to be the longest and worst. I'm not looking forward to it. Nick isn't so happy because he keeps missing the World Cup soccer games he wants to watch...they seem to be on tv when we are traveling. It's nice though, because we are in Europe and get to watch games at times that are convenient.
Switzerland has been really nice, but very expensive. I never realized how upscale the living is here. I can't tell you how lucky you all are to have free ketchup, free ice, free water, free bathrooms, and cheap food. I got a happy meal the other day from McDonalds (it was so delicious I can't even tell you) and it was like $5.00!!! But it also came with a little ice cream cone, but still. The bathrooms here cost around a euro, so I hold it until we go to a museum and I can go for free. The things I'm learning to do.
I'm at a good hotel again with really good breakfasts. I am able to make sandwiches to take for lunch and grab a piece of fruit, so that has been working out really well.
I thought I lost my camera, but it fell out of my lap on the bus. Luckily, it was fine.
I know I'm writing a lot, but it's really nice to be able to write emails for free from the hotel.
How is everything else going? Did Heidi and Brendon sign everything for their house? How is Sophie? Is it getting really hot yet? Please just keep me updated with everything, i miss you all so much.
Well, keep me updated and I'll check my email again before we leave. Love you all so much!Love, Adair

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home